Thursday 17 January 2013

Planes, trains and automobiles

Made it!
After taking every version of transportation I could think of  save for taxi or rickshaw i have made it to the place I will call home for the next 9 months! Derby, England. The journey so far as been incredibly smooth, first off I can't recommend air transat enough! If you're planning a trip abroad check them out, friendly staff, modern planes (everyone has a tv), meals aaaand MOOD lighting..very cool.
courtesy of the adventure of  rickiandheidi.blogspot.com

Upon arriving in London I realized they were not kidding, it IS cold here. Wow. I am soft....but we'll be in Spain in a week and it will be warm. After hopping a short train ride I was picked up by my new boss(es) for the year Cherie and Eddie. They've been extremely helpful thus far and if this is any indication of things to come it's going to be a great season!

Highlights of the last 24 hrs
-YVR airport - seeing 2 separate children on leashes to their parents. Heal!
-Apparently I just missed a bit of a cluster F*** in London after a helicopter crashed in the streets and really messed up the after work commute!
-They drive on the wrong side of the road here...though they call it the right side and if we were to be on the right side, it would actually in fact be on the wrong side...this may take some getting used to.
-Before the grand depart I made a last minute order of coffee from has bean and they deliver right to your door! So when I arrived yesterday I had 2 half lbs bags waiting... Victoria roasters take note!
-Stopped off at the Raleigh HQ, very cool seeing the history and also the future. New kits look AWESOME, stay tuned.
-And finally, I am slowly realizing I am no longer in Kansas, this became most evident when I walked down stairs to make my morning coffee and remembered I don't have a plug adapter! Thank god for in room kettles, which are actually way more handy than in room coffee makers.

So, after a couple cups of my new favorite coffee I'm ready to tackle the day, property veiwing, bank acct opening, mobile phone getting and roller riding.

I think I'm already totally over the jetlag! (as I finish typing this before 7:30 am...)

Stay tuned
RB


My room for the time being
seat with a view!


1 comment: